Parent Wisdom is a scripture based, weekly encouragement for your walk with any child.
Subscribe for FREE now.
www.kenthomcounseling.com

Sunday, September 4, 2011

More on Forgiveness

I ask people to not shut the door on forgiveness. I’m convinced many people think they just can’t forgive. If this is their reality, then I try to move them closer believing forgiveness is possible. A word search finds 136 references to forgive or forgiveness in the NIV Bible. This many references tells me forgiveness is an important concept. Especially when it appears in red ink. Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” Luke 23:34
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13. I believe we need the mercy and grace of Jesus to forgive those things that have hurt us the most. By ourselves, we don’t have it in us to forgive at that deep a level.

Find out more about forgiveness in my August, 2011 Love in Action Newsletter http://bit.ly/njHTGd

No comments:

Post a Comment