Parent Wisdom is a scripture based, weekly encouragement for your walk with any child.
Subscribe for FREE now.
www.kenthomcounseling.com

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Prayer Can Help You Achieve Positive Results



Most shame-based people that I have spoken with know what they need to do different.

The problem is that they do not follow through with a decision that has the potential for a positive outcome.

There are two components of not following through.

A shame-based person’s internal definition is not congruent with success, and that keeps them from following through. There is too much unconscious resistance to taking that first positive step.

The second component is a spiritual battle.

The Apostle Paul says in Romans 7:15 (NIV) - “I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do but what I hate I do.”

As Christians, we also know that “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” - John 10:10 (NIV).

Pray about all of your decisions, and ask others to pray for you.

“I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.” - Philippians 4:13 (NIV).

Identify a task that you believe you can realistically achieve, and use prayer and belief to reach a positive outcome.

***


Ken Thom, MS, LPC is a nationally recognized Christian counselor and writer. He is available for parent and individual coaching. Ken is a Post Institute Certified Family Regulatory Therapist, Certified Coach and Great Behavior Breakdown Instructor as well as a certified BCI parent trainer. Ken's book Christian Parent Wisdom is a daily scripture based medication book for parenting children with challenging behaviors. Contact Ken.

No comments:

Post a Comment