Parent Wisdom is a scripture based, weekly encouragement for your walk with any child.
Subscribe for FREE now.
www.kenthomcounseling.com

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Look To Our Heavenly Father For Help

When we are dealing with a broken heart or broken spirit, sometimes our friends, in their humanness, fail us. Our pain is too great for them, but it isn't too great for God. He sees our hurt and He cares and meets us where we are. (Psalm 51:17) God heals problems. (Psalm147:3)

Jesus publically proclaimed in His ministry the following from Isaiah 61:1-2 (NIV): “The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn.”

God provides for us a safe place, a place where the fear of healing will not drive us away. We can receive healing. Psalm 57:1 (NIV): “Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.” He restores my soul. (Psalm 23) God mends broken hearts. God mends broken dreams.

God provides us with counsel for the journey. John 14:1-3 (NIV): "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.”

I purposely included a lot of scriptures for your reference. Choose these or others that speak to your heart. Use them to stand on when the journey gets overwhelming. I encourage you to read the entire fifth chapter of Mark. It is very encouraging and will strengthen your faith.

I believe that a significant part of our healing comes from telling our story. Everywhere Jesus went he told a story. His stories were usually parables. He also spoke the word of God. Each scar you have has a story. That story can help others heal. Be brave and tell your story to someone: a pastor, a therapist, or a counselor. Let a professional support and encourage you as you work to mend your broken heart.

***


Ken Thom, MS, LPC is a nationally recognized Christian counselor and writer. He is available for parent and individual coaching. Ken is a Post Institute Certified Family Regulatory Therapist, Certified Coach and Great Behavior Breakdown Instructor as well as a certified BCI parent trainer. Ken's book Christian Parent Wisdom is a daily scripture based medication book for parenting children with challenging behaviors. Contact Ken.

No comments:

Post a Comment