Parent Wisdom is a scripture based, weekly encouragement for your walk with any child.
Subscribe for FREE now.
www.kenthomcounseling.com

Saturday, December 3, 2011

What Do I Give?

This question goes through my mind every year when my family draws names for our gift exchange. I am not very creative when it comes to gift giving. My practicality urges me to get something useful. Get something that person needs. It must be useful. These messages are part of my blueprint. Not that being practical isn’t beneficial. It does have its merits. Our blueprints can make it difficult to be flexible. I also realize that I am fighting the flesh. The flesh focuses on material things and resists spiritual things. I am becoming more aware of how the message of Jesus has been lost at Christmas. After all, Christmas decorations went on sale before Halloween in my area. I am not asking you to give up or change your holiday traditions and celebrations. I would ask you to shift more of your focus to the greatest gift of all. John 3:16 says that “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son”. Let’s all try to give the gift that keeps on giving. The gift of love. Love continues to give forgiveness, mercy, grace, compassion, and acceptance. You don’t have to shop for it and you don’t have to stand in line to get it. It’s always available and as Corinthians 13:8 tells us “Love never fails”. Jesus won’t fail you. Read more about this by going to http://bit.ly/pBwc85 and read “Jesus the Gift of Relationship” in my archived articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment